About the Program
Master a strategy to prioritize core business processes that will have the greatest impact on an organization’s key business objectives. By earning a 100% online Certificate in Business Process Management from Villanova University, you’ll learn a methodology that identifies, evaluates and improves business processes to help your organization reduce costs, enhance efficiency and productivity, minimize errors and risk and become more agile.
This program defines business process management (BPM), explains how and why it is used, examines its best practices and how to avoid its pitfalls. You’ll also be taught the methodology’s six phases and the metrics, tools and roles used when carrying out effective BPM. The six phases of BPM are:
- Assess: Begin by understanding where the process is currently. This should include any errors and consequences to show business impact.
- Design: Data from the assessment phase is used to design solutions which reduce problems and offers accuracy and efficiency.
- Model: Designs are tested with predictive data. The goal of the modeling phase is to manipulate variables to understand the outcomes.
- Implement: Develop a detailed change management plan that outlines what specifically is changing.
- Monitor: Continuously assess the process using data modeling and simulation to consider possible outcomes.
- Modify: In the modify phase, the process should be continually adjusted based on data to improve outcomes.
The Certificate in Business Process Management program tightly aligns with Villanova’s existing Lean Six Sigma, project management, Agile and business analysis concepts, making it a vital component of Villanova’s suite of process improvement programs.