The U.S. Department of Education requires that we report and disclose certain information about our school programs in a clear, prominent, user-friendly, and easily understood manner. The intent of the requirement is to enable students to make an informed choice about a program of study. To this end, we have developed documents containing the following information:
- Salary Data: Prospective students are encouraged to conduct research to determine actual earning potential as it may vary depending on location, level of education, and experience.
- Job Outlook Data: Bureau of Labor Statistics profession or industry growth projections are based on nationwide data from a given time. Prospective students are encouraged to conduct independent research regarding local job growth rates as they may vary from the national average.
- Suggested Careers: Careers suggested in association with specific degrees throughout the website are not intended to imply any guarantee of employment or qualifications for specific positions. As with all employment decisions, the requirements for a specific career may vary depending on any number of factors including but not limited to employer, location, level of education, and experience.
- Course Specific Information: The course description, objectives and learning outcomes are subject to change without notice based on enhancements made to the course. Current information is as of the most recent version of the catalog.
- Military and Veteran Education Assistance Information: Information provided as to the availability and eligibility for military or veteran education assistance programs is for general informational use only. Please check with your Education Services Officer or local Veterans Administration Representative for eligibility, benefit amount and application processes specific to your situation.
- Alternative Loans Lender's List: Any Lender information provided on our website is provided for the benefit of the prospective borrower. Inclusion in the list does not imply endorsement nor preference of any kind from Florida Tech University Online. Each prospective borrower is encouraged to do research on the lender and program that best fits his or her specific situation and goals.
- University Policies: University policies are subject to change. Please consult the official Villanova University catalog for up-to-date information.
- ACE Credit Recommendations: Many courses have been reviewed by the American Council on Education (ACE) with academic credit recommendations. Students wishing to earn ACE credit will be required to take a proctored exam for each course. Universities may or may not accept the ACE credits for certificate classes. The fact that a university will accept ACE credit is not a guarantee that any given school is going to accept the credit in transfer. ACE-approved coursework must be evaluated by the registrar at the specific university before it will be accepted for transfer.
- Professional Development Units (PDUs) - As a registered education provider for PMI®, Villanova is authorized to issue Professional Development Units (PDUs). PDUs are always associated with certification or re-certification and are not correlated to college credit (ACE) in any way.
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) - The Office of Continuing Studies at Villanova issues Continuing Education Units (CEUs) for the university’s online certificate programs. The formula for determining CEUs is 1/10 of a unit for every hour of study associated with a given course. For example, a 15-hour course would yield 1.5 CEUs. CEUs may be issued by regionally accredited universities and are not tied to any agency, e.g. PMI®. CEUs are often required by employers for tuition assistance purposes and appear on Villanova University’s Certificate of Achievement.