Traditionally, more emphasis is placed on the skills associated with the business or technical side of project management, but it's often more difficult to master people skills. Maximizing IS/IT Team Effectiveness teaches you how to assess and manage yourself first.
In subsequent modules, you'll learn about managing others in one-on-one settings, managing your team, and managing your stakeholders. You'll also learn to use practical and flexible tools and techniques that will improve your people skills and make you a more effective IT project manager or IT team member.
Maximizing IS/IT Team Effectiveness
This course is part of a Master Certificate Program
What You’ll Study
The IS/IT Project Manager
- Measuring Collaboration
- Defining the Project Manager Leadership Role on Decision Makers and Influencers
- Influencing Key Stakeholders to Build Collaboration
- Developing and Executing Personal Strengths and Weakness Assessments
- Demonstrating Authenticity Through Behavioral Alignment with Values and Vision
- Learning to Prioritize and Manage Time Well
- Participating Fully as an Active Team Member
- Setting Performance Standards
- Managing the Team Maturity Life Cycle
- Prioritizing and Allocating Resources
- Creating and Defining Systems and Processes to Translate Vision Into Action for a Team
- Maintaining an Effective, Interactive and Productive Team Culture
- Balancing Established Standards with the Need for Exceptions In Decision Making
- Communicating and Collaborating with Virtual Teams
- Demonstrating Empathy and Understanding in All Situations
- Building Trust in a Team Environment
- Adapting to Each Individual
- Clearly Articulating Intention in Verbal and Written Communications
- Managing Communication Flow
- Motivating Employees
- Task Delegation with Awareness of Employee Development Opportunities
Managing Outside Stakeholders
- Communicating Risk Versus Reward
- Gathering and Clarifying Customer Needs and Expectations
- Managing Budget and Progress
- Influencing Others Through Formal Presentation Skills
- Operating With an Awareness of Marketplace Competition
- Gaining and Maintaining Buy-In from Sponsors and Customers
- Managing Stakeholder Transition and Transformation
Credit & Tuition
ACE credit recommendation 3 semester hours. Register today and earn 45 PDUs, 4.5 CEUs for $2,095.
Who Should Register?
Maximizing IS/IT Team Effectiveness is essential for any IS/IT middle or upper management professional, technology project managers aspiring to team management positions or IT professionals who participate on a team.