If you’re involved in eliciting, analyzing and defining project requirements, the Essentials of Business Analysis certificate is for you. This eight-week course helps business analysts, managers and professionals identify, analyze and design processes to improve the overall flow of information within a company.
You’ll gain skills to determine the business requirements that drive IT-related projects, plus you’ll learn how to maintain an effective information system to ensure timely delivery of cost-effective products. Read more about business analysis training.
Exciting new industry experts, examples and case studies, as well as hundreds of new graphics, animated exercises and interactive features to maximize your learning experience!
Essentials of Business Analysis
This course is part of a Master Certificate Program
What You’ll Study
Planning for Requirements
- Introduction to the BABOK Guide
- Stakeholders in Business Analysis
- Business Analyst Role
- Stakeholder Identification and Analysis
- Requirements in Different Lifecycles
- Requirement Defects
- Planning and Communication for Business Analysts
- Estimating Business Analysis Tasks
- Changing Requirements
Eliciting Requirements and Working With Stakeholders
- Elicitation Tasks
- Individual Elicitation – Questionnaire Techniques
- Group Elicitation – Brainstorming, Workshops, Focus Groups
- Prototypes and Mock-ups
- Internal vs. External Interfaces
Analyzing and Documenting Requirements
- Requirements Analysis, Prioritization and Validation
- Allocating and Tracing Requirements
- Defining Assumptions and Constraints
- Finding and Fixing Requirement Deficits
- Writing Requirements Effectively
- Rules for Good Requirements
- Business Process Modeling
- Data Flow and Control Flow Diagrams
- Collecting Data Requirements
- Affinity Analysis Using CRUD Charts
- Business Rules
- Conceptual Data and Object-Oriented Models
Communication for the Business Analyst
- Alternative Ways to Gather Data
- Communicating With Stakeholders
- Verification – Isolate and Correct Errors
- Improving Your Requirements Process
Credit & Tuition
ACE credit recommendation 3 semester hours. Register today and earn 45 PDUs, 4.5 CEUs for $2,095.
Who Should Register?
This business analysis course is for anyone involved in gathering, analyzing, documenting and validating information in a professional environment or those looking to transition into the role of business analyst. It provides knowledge, skills and techniques that will enable you to strengthen your organization in key areas.