Villanova’s Graduate Admissions Requirements
Applicants must submit the following:
- A completed application form (call 1-866-220-0017 to request an application)
- A one-time, non-refundable $85 application fee
- Signed authorization for Bisk to obtain official transcripts for all colleges and universities attended
- Three professional or academic letters of recommendation. Letters from friends and family members will not be accepted.
- Graduate Certificate candidates in Public Administration - Two letters of recommendation
- A résumé or curriculum vitae detailing the applicant’s employment history, job responsibilities and professional accomplishments
- Statement of Goals
- HRD: Describe your interest in the field of HR, as well as your interest in the program offered at Villanova University. You may discuss how a master’s degree in HRD would further your career goals. 1-2 pages.
- MPA: Describe your career objectives. 2 pages.
- HRD only:
- Academic Writing Sample. An academically based research paper from undergraduate or graduate education may waive the Critical Evaluation and Research Writing prerequisite course if the writing sample meets the specific criteria (APA format preferred).
- Applicants who do not have a 3.0 or higher undergraduate GPA must submit evidence of their ability to handle graduate-level work, such as submitting results from the GRE or GMAT exams, prior graduate studies, relevant certifications (e.g., SHRM-CP, PHR, etc.), etc. If you have questions about what may be submitted in lieu of a 3.0 undergraduate GPA, please contact the HRD office directly.
- Optional for MS in HRD candidates: Applicants who hold certification as a Professional in Human Resources (PHR®), Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR®), SHRM® Certified Professional (SHRM-CP™), SHRM® Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP™), or Global Professional in Human Resources (GPHR®), should submit a copy of their certificate.
- An essay describing the applicant’s relevant work experience and ultimate career goals
- MPA and Graduate Certificate candidates – Two pages
- MS in HRD candidates – 500 words
- Applicants who are not U.S. citizens must submit an official copy of their TOEFL results with a minimum score of 550 on the paper-based test or 80 on the Internet-based test. Exceptions: Applicants who earned their undergraduate degree from an accredited U.S. institution of higher education do not have to provide TOEFL results. Applicants from English-speaking countries and native English-speakers living abroad may also request a TOEFL exemption.
- Applicants who earned their degree from a non-U.S. institution of higher education must submit an official credential evaluation of all degree-bearing transcripts, completed by an accredited credential evaluation agency. (Refer to www.NACES.org for a complete list of approved agencies.) The credential evaluation must be obtained and paid for by the applicant.