With Newly Enhanced Classroom Experience!
This course highlights the benefits of Six Sigma in Information Technology applications, focusing on critical examples, case studies and unique IT problems. Designed for IT professionals with little or no experience with Six Sigma methodologies, this eight-week course helps develop skills and strategies for successful Six Sigma implementation.
Six Sigma Green Belt - Information Technology
This course is part of a Master Certificate Program
Villanova University Presents the Online Learning Experience – Reimagined!
Imagine an online classroom that takes you inside successful organizations, surrounds you with top Six Sigma experts and puts innovative learning tools at your fingertips. As the recognized leader in Six Sigma education online, Villanova University is dedicated to providing the most dynamic and engaging programs available, as our newly enhanced online experience demonstrates:
- Onsite interviews with business leaders provide real-world insight on how to build stronger organizations using Six Sigma
- Advanced animations allow you to gain a full grasp of course topics
- Videos of industry experts offer easy-to-understand guidance
- Lightboards and other interactive learning tools provide compelling and unique presentation formats
What You'll Study
Introduction and History of Six Sigma
- What is Six Sigma
- The History of Six Sigma and the Prominent People in Six Sigma
- DMAIC Methodology Overview
- The Project Charter
- Six Sigma Math Primer
Project Definition Tools
- The Project Scope and Charter
- Determining Customer Needs and Requirements
- Critical to Quality Tree and Kano Model
- Process Mapping and SIPOC
- Types of Data
- Graphic Analysis Tools
- Measures of Central Tendency
- Variation and Standard Deviation
- Calculating the Baseline Sigma
- Cause and Effect Diagrams
- Multi Vari Charts
- Hypothesis Testing
- Chi Square analysis
- Mistake Proofing
- Design of Experiments
- Pilot Testing
- Implementation Planning
- Introduction to Control Charts and Their Construction
- Process Capability
- Maintaining Solutions
Get Inside IT!
- Hear first-hand how Six Sigma has impacted Information Technology
- Industry-specific study supplements
- Shared discussion forum with professionals in IT and other industries
Who Should Register?
This course equips software programmers, developers and other technology professionals with the skills to apply Six Sigma tools and methodologies to address key business process issues.
Students who master Six Sigma practices can become recognized leaders guiding projects that result in breakthrough improvements and improved bottom-line results. Register for the next session today!