Now Supporting the Latest PMBOK® Guide!
For the more experienced student, this course builds upon the fundamentals explored in Essentials of Project Management. It focuses on strengthening skills previously developed and expanding skills to explore more advanced topics like: leadership, project performance management and the core competencies of project management.
Mastering Project Management
This course is part of a Master Certificate Program
Advanced study includes plan development and performance management to aid in project planning, scheduling and measuring results. Interpersonal or soft skills are emphasized throughout to ensure project-management success through people-management success. Click here to request more information on mastering project management.
Now with hundreds of new graphics, animated exercises, case studies and interactive features to support the learning process!
What You’ll Study
Project Plan Development
- Introduction to Project Plan Development
- Collect Requirements
- Create Work Breakdown Structure
- Plan Quality
- Develop Schedule
- Estimate Costs
- Plan Communications
- Identify Risks
- Plan Procurement
- Scope Baseline
- The Project Management Plan
People-Based Project Management
- Myers-Briggs Type Indicator
- Scoring the Instrument and Interpreting the Results
- The Dimensions
- The Sixteen Types and the Temperaments
- Recognizing the Type in Others
- Acknowledging the Differences
- Communication and Personality Type
- Personality in Teams
- Creating a Project Management Culture
- Project Management Maturity
- The ROI of Project Management
- Introduction to Maximizing Influence
- Planning and Initiation
- Project Execution
- Metrics and Resolution
Project Performance Management
- Direct and Manage Project Execution
- Scope, Schedule, and Cost Monitoring
- Earned Value Measurement Methods
- Variances and Indexes
- Recovery Metrics and Responses
Practical Project Management
- Emotional Intelligence for Project Managers
- Identifying and Understanding Emotions
- Understanding the Project Environment
- How Healthy is Your Team?
- Corporate Trust
- Stress Management
- Motivating Project Teams
- Motivational Strategies and Tactics
- Developing a Coherent Plan
- Navigating a Diverse Landscape
- Managing Diversity and Inclusion
- Gender and Project Management
- The Global Landscape
Credit & Tuition
ACE credit recommendation 3 semester hours. Register today and earn 60 PDUs, 6.0 CEUs for $2,295.
Who Should Register?
For the project management professional who understands the fundamentals explored in Essentials and is seeking more advanced skills, both process-based and people-based.
PMBOK Guide is a registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.