PHR®/SPHR® Exam Content Part 2
A thorough review of all the above subject areas is key to success on the PHR/SPHR certification exam. While you may have first-hand knowledge of many of these functional areas, a structured exam review program can help you achieve a higher score and pass the exam the first time.
Many HR professionals opt to enroll in a formal exam preparation course to improve their chances for success. The best of these programs combine PHR/SPHR exam prep as part of a more comprehensive professional development program.
For example, you can prepare for the PHR or SPHR certification exam and gain respected university credentials through Villanova University’s Master Certificate in Human Resource Development program, which is available 100% online.
Among the advantages of Villanova’s master certificate program and other PHR/SPHR certification exam prep courses is the ability to familiarize yourself with the HR exam questions through a series of practice tests.
Sample Questions for the PHR/SPHR Certification Exam
- Which of the following is another name for an Ishikawa diagram?
- Cause and Effect Diagram
- Bell Curve
- Pareto Diagram
- Trend Analysis
- The Fair Labor Standards Act allows employees to recover pay up to __ years of back pay.
- Which of the following is the correct formula for turnover rates according to the Department of Labor?
- (Number of Terminations x 100)/(Avg. Number of Employees)
- (Number of Terminations x 10)/(Avg. Number of Employees)
- (Avg. Number of Employees)/(Number of Terminations)
- (Avg. Number of Employees)/(Number of Terminations x 10)
- An EEO-I must be filed if ___ employees are working for an individual company.
- Which of the following is not a characteristic of stress in the workplace?
- 43% of all adults suffer adverse effects from stress
- Stress management techniques increase employee negligence
- 75-90% of all physician office visits are for stress-related ailments
- Stress costs U.S. industry more than $300 billion dollars per year, or $7,500 per worker
Benefits of Achieving PHR or SPHR Certification
Earning PHR or SPHR certification can enhance your career and professional standing in many ways. For example, business leaders recognize HR-certified professionals as higher-performing, more knowledgeable and more motivated than their non-certified peers. As a result, hiring managers often give preference to PHR or SPHR-certified candidates.
Once you have attained HR certification, you will be able to:
- Qualify for jobs with higher levels of responsibility and increase your earning potential.
- Improve your performance as an HR professional.
- Earn the respect you deserve from your peers and superiors.
- Highlight your credentials by adding the PHR or SPHR designation to your résumé, business cards, professional correspondence and email signature line.
- Gain the personal satisfaction and increased self-confidence that come with setting and achieving a goal.
- Leverage your advanced skills and knowledge to achieve unprecedented career success.
Prepare for the PHR and SPHR Certification Exams With 100% Online HR Training
Villanova University’s Master Certificate in Human Resource Management program provides unmatched convenience, and incorporates the latest updates to the HR Certification Institute’s Body of Knowledge. Through the three-course professional development program, you’ll develop enhanced skills and knowledge while preparing for PHR and SPHR certification. You’ll also receive
- A complete set of Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM®) Learning System textbooks, plus 18 months of online access to study materials (a $800 value)
- More than 1,600 practice HR exam questions to test your knowledge
- Interactive case studies based on real-world HR situations
Upon completion of each course, you’ll receive a certificate of achievement from Villanova University, plus a master certificate at the end of the program. You may also earn valuable continuing education units (CEUs) and professional development units (PDUs).
Earning your Master Certificate in Human Resource Management and PHR or SPHR certification can transform your human resources career. Whether you’re seeking to advance within your current company or expand your professional horizons, Villanova and HR Certification Institute credentials will demonstrate your human resource expertise and position you for today’s most sought-after HR jobs!