Certification | Curriculum | Send Info | Register Online
Maximize Your Department's Efficiency With a Six Sigma Green Belt-Information Technology
This course highlights the benefits of Six Sigma in Information Technology applications, focusing on critical examples, case studies and unique IT problems.
You'll learn why Lockheed Martin is part of a growing number of organizations using Six Sigma to improve software quality and cycle time, reduce defects in products and services, and increase customer satisfaction.
Designed for IT professionals with little or no experience with Six Sigma methodologies, this eight-week course helps develop skills and strategies for successful Six Sigma implementation.
Who Should Register?
This course equips software programmers, developers and other technology professionals with the skills to apply Six Sigma tools and methodologies to address key business process issues.
Students who master Six Sigma practices can become recognized leaders guiding projects that result in breakthrough improvements and improved bottom-line results. Register for the next session today!
Get the Best of All Six Sigma Programs!
- Unprecedented access to lectures from all the customized Six Sigma courses - online and on CD-ROM
- Industry-specific study supplements from all the programs
- Shared discussion forum with professionals in various industries
What You’ll Study
The Beginning of Six Sigma
What is Six Sigma
- The History of Six Sigma and the Prominent People in Six Sigma
- DMAIC Methodology Overview
- The Project Charter
Data Collection Plans
- The Project Scope of a Team and Team Dynamics
- Teams - Paradigm Shifts
- Determining Customer Needs and Requirements
- Quality Function Deployment and the House of Quality
- Critical to Quality Tree and Kano Model
- Process Mapping and SIPOC
Data Collection Plans Part I, II,III
- Calculating the Baseline Sigma
- Quincunx Process Analysis
- Types of Data
Root Cause Analysis
- Basic Data Analysis and Basic Process Analysis
- The Big Picture
- Root Cause Analysis and Hypothesis Testing
- Measures of Central Tendency and Standard Deviation
- Determining Project Solutions
- Prioritization Matrix
- Affinity Diagrams
- Metrics and 7M Tools
- Interrelationship Diagrams
- Maintaining Solutions
- Introduction to Control Charts and Their Construction
- XmR Chart and Pre-Control
- Attribute Charts - p Charts
- Other Attributed Charts - np, c, and u
- Process Capability
- Distributions and Reliability
- Weibull Distribution, Chi Square Distribution and Multi Var
- Point and Interval Estimation
- FMEA and DOE
Other Tools and Techniques
- Design of Experiments
- Building Charts
- Ten Questions Regarding Six Sigma
- Course Wrap Up
Learn from the Best!
Classes are taught by Don Ainsworth, an expert in deploying Lean Six Sigma methodologies to information technology departments. An associate at Booz Allen Hamilton, he provides consulting services related to business process reengineering, organizational change management and strategic planning. Mr. Ainsworth has mentored more than 75 Green Belts and Black Belts in his career.
Credit & Tuition
ACE credit recommendation 2 semester hours. Register today and earn 45 PDUs, 4.5 CEUs for $1,980.