Ensure the Health of Your Organization With a Six Sigma Green Belt - Healthcare Certificate!
This course highlights the benefits of Six Sigma in the healthcare industry, focused on critical examples, case studies and unique industry problems.
Designed for healthcare professionals with little or no prior experience with Six Sigma methodologies, this eight-week course helps develop skills and strategies for successful Six Sigma implementation.
Karen Gemerdinger, RN, MSN, of Mercy Medical Center in Des Moines, Iowa, acknowledged the significant impact Six Sigma has made throughout her organization.
"By implementing Six Sigma practices, we showed that a quality improvement project can lead to many benefits, not only patients in decreased mortality, but also to physicians and nurses by making it easier for them to provide the best evidence-based, guideline-directed care possible, and to the hospital itself with decreased lengths of stay and decreased costs," she explained.
Who Should Register?
From directors of nursing and floor supervisors to risk managers and CEOs, all healthcare leaders are interested in reducing waste and inefficiencies will benefit from this course. Students who master Six Sigma practices can become recognized leaders guiding projects that result in breakthrough improvements and improved bottom-line results. Register for the next session today!
Get the Best of All Six Sigma Programs!
- Unprecedented access to lectures from all the customized Six Sigma courses - online and on CD-ROM
- Industry-specific study supplements from all the programs
- Shared discussion forum with professionals in various industries
What You’ll Study
The Beginning of Six Sigma
What is Six Sigma
- The History of Six Sigma and the Prominent People in Six Sigma
- DMAIC Methodology Overview
- The Project Charter
Data Collection Plans
- The Project Scope of a Team and Team Dynamics
- Teams - Paradigm Shifts
- Determining Customer Needs and Requirements
- Quality Function Deployment and the House of Quality
- Critical to Quality Tree and Kano Model
- Process Mapping and SIPOC
Data Collection Plans Part I, II,III
- Calculating the Baseline Sigma
- Quincunx Process Analysis
- Types of Data
Root Cause Analysis
- Basic Data Analysis and Basic Process Analysis
- The Big Picture
- Root Cause Analysis and Hypothesis Testing
- Measures of Central Tendency and Standard Deviation
- Determining Project Solutions
- Prioritization Matrix
- Affinity Diagrams
- Metrics and 7M Tools
- Interrelationship Diagrams
- Maintaining Solutions
- Introduction to Control Charts and Their Construction
- XmR Chart and Pre-Control
- Attribute Charts - p Charts
- Other Attributed Charts - np, c, and u
- Process Capability
- Distributions and Reliability
- Weibull Distribution, Chi Square Distribution and Multi Var
- Point and Interval Estimation
- FMEA and DOE
Other Tools and Techniques
- Design of Experiments
- Building Charts
- Ten Questions Regarding Six Sigma
- Course Wrap Up
Learn from the Best!
Classes are taught by Susan McGann, who is President and CEO of Pivotal Healthcare Solutions. Susan was among the nation's first healthcare Six Sigma Master Black Belts, attaining success in all levels of the healthcare industry. She earned a BSN from the University of Delaware and an MBA from Drexel University.
Credit & TuitionACE credit recommendation 2 semester hours. Register today and earn 45 PDUs, 4.5 CEUs for $1,980.