Curriculum | Send Info | Register Online
Thwart Cyber-Terrorists – Get Certified in Information Systems Security!
As an IS or IT security professional, you know that hackers and cyber-terrorists have pushed corporations to new levels of alert these days, creating the need for heightened security to protect both infrastructure and data.
And undoubtedly, you also know that increasing your understanding of risk assessment and security is an ongoing process. It’s essential to maintain up-to-the-minute skills to combat threats, prevent attacks and remedy unanticipated casualties — and to achieve CISSP® certification.
Who Should Register?
Villanova’s Essentials of Information Systems Security is right for you if you’re an IT professional developing skills on the management side of IS security; if you’re charged with protecting the hard or soft assets within your organization or if you’re looking to transition into the IS security field. This eight-week course is applicable to both the experienced IS or IT security professional and aspiring IS/IT managers.
What You’ll Study
Introduction to Security
and Investigation Phase
- History of Security
- System Development
- Security in the Organization
- The Need for Security
- Threats, Attacks & Current Issues in IS Security
- Law and Ethics in
- How Attackers Use Hardware/Software to Sniff
- Security at the
- Risk Management
- Risk Identification
- Risk Control Strategies
- Mitigation Selection
- Risk Categories of Control
- Other Risk Management Discussion Points
- Risk Assessment in Real Life
- Current Issues in IS Security
- Current Deployment of
Logical Physical Security Design
- Information Security Policy, Standards and Procedures
- System Design, Security Blueprint and Security Models
- Security Education, Training, and Awareness
- Continuing Strategy and Planning
- Incident Response, Reaction and Recovery
- Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Planning
- Firewalls & Intrusion Detection Systems
- Cryptography and Encryption
- Physical Security & Wireless Insecurity
- Current Issues in IS Security, Anti-virus and SPAM
Implementation and Maintenance of Security
- Project Management Phase
- Technical Topics of Implementation
- Security Considerations Within an Organization
- Information Security Maintenance
- Identity Management Systems
- Different Certifications: Where Do We Go From Here?
Credit & Tuition
ACE credit recommendation 3 semester hours. Register today and earn 45 PDUs, 4.5 CEUs for $1,980.