Villanova Welcomes International Students!
Students around the world can now earn a degree from an accredited U.S.-based university – without ever leaving their home country! Villanova University is pleased to welcome international students into its online graduate degree program.*
International applicants are defined by Villanova as any non-U.S. citizen, or any U.S. or other citizen whose undergraduate degree was earned outside of the U.S. These individuals may be required to submit additional materials – such as a credential evaluation or TOEFL score – in addition to the basic application components required of all applicants. See below for details.
International Student Application Process
International applications will be considered complete when all of the following have been received:
- A completed application form with a one-time, non-refundable $85 application fee, made payable in U.S. dollars
- An original credential evaluation/translation of degree-bearing transcripts from a certified credential evaluation agency (see below)
- Proof of English language proficiency (see below) for applicants whose native language is not English
- Three letters of recommendation (written in English), preferably from professionals in the applicant’s proposed field of study
- A résumé or curriculum vitae (written in English) summarizing the applicant’s employment history, job responsibilities and professional accomplishments
- An essay (written in English) describing the applicant’s relevant work experience and ultimate career goals
- MPA candidates – Two pages
- MS in HRD candidates – 500 words
Official transcript evaluations/translations and TOEFL scores (if applicable) must be mailed directly from the issuing agency to University Alliance at the following address:
Villanova University Online/University Alliance
Attn: Academic Admin
9417 Princess Palm Ave., Suite 150
Tampa, FL 33619-8348
Toll free: 866-220-0017
International: +1 813-612-5305
Proof of English Language Proficiency
Applicants whose native language is not English must demonstrate English proficiency by submitting an official copy of their TOEFL scores, with a minimum passing grade of 80 on the Internet-based test or 550 on the paper-based test. Test results must be mailed directly from the Educational Testing Service (ETS) to University Alliance at the address above. Exceptions: Applicants who earned their undergraduate degree from an accredited U.S. institution of higher education do not have to provide TOEFL results. Applicants from English-speaking countries and native English-speakers living abroad may also request a TOEFL exemption.
Credential Evaluation Agencies
Applicants who earned their degree from a non-U.S. institution of higher education must submit an official credential evaluation/translation of all degree-bearing transcripts, completed by an agency that is a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES). Visit www.NACES.org for a complete list of approved agencies.
MS in HRD Applicants With PHR® or SPHR® Certification
International applicants who hold certification as a Professional in Human Resources (PHR®) or Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR®) should submit a copy of their certificate. Those who have successfully completed either certification exam may bypass the comprehensive final exam graduation requirement. Click here for more information.
* Villanova University does not provide any assistance in obtaining student visas for online degree programs.